Affimer reagents in Affinity Purification
Affimer technology offers unique solutions in the field of affinity purification through the ability to develop highly specific and stable capture reagents for a wide-range of novel targets. The robust nature of Affimer reagents allows them to withstand industrial cleaning-in-place conditions without significant leaching, while highly reproducible manufacturing assures the consistency of supply. Affimer reagents can be engineered to orient the binder on the resin to optimise target binding. Implementing Affimer reagents in affinity chromatography and bioprocessing applications opens up the potential of unmet needs in this field.
Affinity chromatography provides the ability to isolate a target from a complex mixture, such as a cell or tissue lysate, through the specific interaction between an immobilised capture reagent and the analyte of interest.
Benefits of Affimer reagents in affinity purification
- Stable: Affimer reagents are highly stable to a wide range of solvents and pH, displaying robustness to the caustic conditions of cleaning-in-place.
- Specific: Excellent target specificity ensures the purity of any analyte isolated with Affimer reagents with no contamination from complex matrices.
- Gentle elution: Affimer binder columns elute target proteins at more neutral pH than standard affinity chromatography ligands, ensuring the stability and function of your target.
- Reproducible performance: Affimer reagents show consistent, reproducible results across a high number of runs with no discernible leaching.
- Batch-to-batch reproducibility: Simple prokaryotic production processes ensure cost effective and scalable culture with batch-to-batch consistency and the assurance of long-term supply.
- Flexible functionalisation: Affimer resins can be customised via both genetic and chemical methods on a variety of beads, to allow site-directed orientation of the Affimer binder for optimal binding capacity.