Avacta is supporting global efforts in combating the COVID-19 pandemic by using its Affimer® platform to develop diagnostics for COVID-19 antigen testing.
Avacta has generated a large number of Affimer binders to the SARS-COV-2 virus spike protein including Affimer pairs for sandwich assays and Affimer inhibitors of the spike-ACE2 interaction.
Avacta is developing a number of SARS-COV-2 tests:
A rapid point-of-care test intended for screening of large populations to diagnose the COVID-19 coronavirus infection.
A high throughput laboratory test for the infection, to run on the installed base of mass spectrometers in hospitals and laboratories.
- An ELISA laboratory test to support global research efforts into the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
Avacta’s COVID-19 programmes are rapidly evolving. Please see the further information below or contact us via the web form.
- Avacta’s Rapid Antigen Test is Confirmed to Detect SARS-CoV-2 New Variants
- Results of Initial Evaluation of SARS-CoV-2 Lateral Flow Antigen Test with Clinical Samples
- Commercial Partnership with Mologic
- Collaboration Agreement with Bruker
- SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test Update
- Launch of SARS-CoV-2 BAMSTM Research Test
- Avacta to Launch SARS-CoV-2 ELISA Laboratory Test
- Avacta Expands Rapid SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Test Manufacturing Capacity
- Expansion of Partnership with Daewoong Pharmaceutical to Include COVID-19 Neutralising Affimer Therapy
- Update on Clinical Validation of Adeptrix COVID-19 Diagnostic Test
- Collaboration with Integumen plc for Detection of SARS-COV-2 Coronavirus in Waste Water
- Update on COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test Development Partnership with Cytiva
- Update on Affimer® Therapy for COVID-19 Infection
- Update on COVID-19 Antigen Diagnostic Test Development with Adeptrix
- Avacta and Medusa19 Enter into a Distribution Agreement for COVID-19 Antigen Test
- Avacta Ships SARS-COV-2 Affimer Reagents to Cytiva and Adeptrix
- SARS-COV-2 Neutralising Affimers – Potential for a COVID-19 Therapy
- Avacta and Adeptrix collaborate on COVID-19 Antigen Diagnostic test
- Avacta and Cytiva (formerly GE Healthcare Life Sciences) collaborating on COVID-19 Rapid Test
- Avacta/Cytiva Partnership Ahead of Schedule
Videos / media
- CEO interview: Results of the initial evaluation of our SARS-CoV-2 lateral flow test with clinical samples
- CEO interview: Commercial partnership with Mologic
- CEO interview: ‘Avacta Group make significant progress with its highly scalable lateral flow test’
- Alastair Smith gives SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test video update
- Interim results webinar presentation
- Video presentation: SARS-CoV-2 ELISA Laboratory Test
- How diagnostic test performance is measured
- SARS-COV-2 Neutralising Affimer Reagents
- Interview with Alastair Smith on distribution partnership agreement and potential treatment for COVID-19
- Interview with Alastair Smith on Adeptrix partnership
- Avacta CEO Alastair Smith speaks to News-Medical about the process behind the newly developed antigen test for COVID-19.
- Avacta CEO Alastair Smith interviewed on Talk Radio about COVID-19 test
- Avacta CEO Alastair Smith interviewed on Sky News
- How a Lateral Flow Rapid Test Works
- Avacta CEO Alastair Smith provides update on COVID-19 collaboration with Cytiva
- Avacta CEO Alastair Smith interviewed on Good Morning Britain about COVID-19 testing