Avacta is supporting global efforts in combating the COVID-19 pandemic by using its Affimer® platform to develop diagnostic reagents for COVID-19 ANTIGEN testing.
Avacta has generated a large number of Affimer binders to the SARS-COV-2 virus spike protein including Affimer pairs for sandwich assays and Affimer inhibitors of the spike-ACE2 interaction.
Avacta is working with Cytiva to develop a saliva based point-of-care rapid test intended for screening of large populations to diagnose the COVID-19 coronavirus infection, and has partnered with Adeptrix to develop a high throughput laboratory test for the infection to run on the installed base of mass spectrometers in hospitals and laboratories.
Avacta is actively seeking further partnerships for the Affimer affinity reagents against the SARS-COV-2 spike protein for immunoassay diagnostic development.
Avacta’s COVID-19 programmes are rapidly evolving. Please see the further information below or contact us via the web form.
- Expansion of Partnership with Daewoong Pharmaceutical to Include COVID-19 Neutralising Affimer Therapy
- Update on Clinical Validation of Adeptrix COVID-19 Diagnostic Test
- Collaboration with Integumen plc for Detection of SARS-COV-2 Coronavirus in Waste Water
- Update on COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test Development Partnership with Cytiva
- Update on Affimer® Therapy for COVID-19 Infection
- Update on COVID-19 Antigen Diagnostic Test Development with Adeptrix
- Avacta and Medusa19 Enter into a Distribution Agreement for COVID-19 Antigen Test
- Avacta Ships SARS-COV-2 Affimer Reagents to Cytiva and Adeptrix
- SARS-COV-2 Neutralising Affimers – Potential for a COVID-19 Therapy
- Avacta and Adeptrix collaborate on COVID-19 Antigen Diagnostic test
- Avacta and Cytiva (formerly GE Healthcare Life Sciences) collaborating on COVID-19 Rapid Test
- Avacta/Cytiva Partnership Ahead of Schedule
- Innovations in neutralising therapies
- Responding to disease outbreaks – the importance of point-of-care diagnostics
- Lab testing vs point of care – how both should be combined to provide full support to communities
- Using Affimer technology to support global efforts to tackle COVID-19
Videos / media
- How diagnostic test performance is measured
- SARS-COV-2 Neutralising Affimer Reagents
- Interview with Alastair Smith on distribution partnership agreement and potential treatment for COVID-19
- Interview with Alastair Smith on Adeptrix partnership
- Avacta CEO Alastair Smith speaks to News-Medical about the process behind the newly developed antigen test for COVID-19.
- Avacta CEO Alastair Smith interviewed on Talk Radio about COVID-19 test
- Avacta CEO Alastair Smith interviewed on Sky News
- How a Lateral Flow Rapid Test Works
- Avacta CEO Alastair Smith provides update on COVID-19 collaboration with Cytiva
- Avacta CEO Alastair Smith interviewed on Good Morning Britain about COVID-19 testing