This information is provided for the purposes of AIM rule 26
Our Mission is to shape the future of medicine by developing novel cancer therapies and powerful diagnostics using our proprietary Affimer® and pre|CISION™ platforms.
- Avacta’s proprietary Affimer® and pre|CISION™ platforms are delivering a robust portfolio of differentiated therapeutic and diagnostic products that address multiple multi-billion dollar markets.
- Affimer® molecules are engineered alternatives to antibodies that have significant competitive advantages including size, stability, versatility, rapid development and ease of production. Despite their shortcomings, antibodies currently dominate markets, such as diagnostics and therapeutics, worth in excess of $100 billion.
- The pre|CISION™ targeted chemotherapy platform releases active chemotherapy directly in the tumour, limiting systemic exposure and side effects associated with many commonly used cancer treatments. The Phase I trial for the first candidate, AVA6000, started in August 2021 and FDA approval of its Investigational New Drug (‘IND’) application was announced in November 2021. The Phase Ia dose escalation study is expected to complete in the middle of 2022 and the Phase Ib dose expansion study to commence shortly afterwards.
- There is also significant longer term potential to combine the two platforms to create next generation targeted ‘drug conjugate’ cancer treatments.
- The platforms are also being developed through leading industry partnerships including LG Chem, Daewoong Pharmaceutical and POINT Biopharma.
- The second pre|CISIONTM tumour targeted chemotherapy candidate for development was announced in January 2022 and is a proteasome inhibitor referred to as AVA3996. The Company plans to generate additional Affimer® and pre|CISION™ drug development candidates in 2022, to further support its growing, innovative therapeutic pipeline.
- The Diagnostics Division is developing a range of in-vitro diagnostic products with a focus on rapid tests for professionals and the consumer.
- With its strong balance sheet, the Group expects to deliver major value inflection points from its well-funded therapeutic programmes over the next twelve months and deliver near- to medium-term revenues from its diagnostic business, driving long-term shareholder value.
- The Group also anticipates further commercial partnerships and license arrangements that will allow its technology platforms to be further developed leading to long term royalty based revenue in both the therapeutics and other markets.
- Strongly drive shareholder value by building a portfolio of novel, clinically differentiated cancer therapies leveraging the key benefits of the Affimer® and pre|CISION™ platforms.
- Build a fast-paced, nimble, delivery-focused drug discovery and development organisation with multiple clinical programmes and an innovative pre-clinical pipeline.
- Establish partnerships with global pharmaceutical companies for our technology platforms and pipeline.
- Grow a profitable revenue stream from Affimer® diagnostics through partnerships and licensing as well as in-house product development.
Current significant shareholders are as follows:
Premier Miton Group – 4.66%
Baillie Gifford & Co Limited – 4.63%
Conifer Management, LLC – 2.99%
As at 27th July 2022 the company has 256,322,232 ordinary shares of 10p each in issue.
Avacta Group plc is incorporated in the United Kingdom and its principal place of operation is the United Kingdom.
Dr Alastair Smith
Mr Tony Gardiner
Dr Eliot Forster
Dr Trevor Nicholls
Mr Paul Fry
Dr Mark Goldberg
Dr Christina Coughlin
Broker and Nomad – Stifel, 150 Cheapside, London, EC2V 6ET
Auditor – BDO LLP, Newton House, Cambridge Business Park, Cambridge, CB4 0WZ
Solicitor – Walker Morris, 33 Wellington Street, Leeds, LS1 4DL
Registrar – Link Group, 10th floor, Central Square, 29 Wellington Street, Leeds, LS1 4DL. www.signalshares.com
Investor and Media Relations – FTI Consulting 200 Aldersgate, Aldersgate Street, London, EC1A 4HD. www.fticonsulting.com