This information is provided for the purposes of AIM rule 26
Our Mission is to shape the future of medicine by developing novel cancer therapies and powerful diagnostics using our proprietary Affimer® and pre|CISION™ platforms.
- Avacta’s proprietary Affimer® and pre|CISION™ platforms are delivering a robust portfolio of differentiated therapeutic and diagnostic products that address multiple multi-billion dollar markets.
- Affimers are engineered alternatives to antibodies that have significant competitive advantages including size, stability, versatility, rapid development and ease of production. Despite their shortcomings, antibodies currently dominate markets, such as diagnostics and therapeutics, worth in excess of $100 billion.
- Avacta’s Affimer-based rapid Covid-19 antigen test due for commercial roll-out by end Q1.
- The pre|CISION™ targeted chemotherapy platform releases active chemotherapy directly in the tumour, limiting systemic exposure and side effects associated with many commonly used cancer treatments. Phase I trial for first candidate, AVA6000, due to start by mid-2021.
- Significant potential of Affimer® drug conjugates to be the next generation cancer treatments. Combination of both platforms allowing immunotherapy to be fused with a chemotherapy in a single molecule.
- Platforms validated through leading industry partnerships including Moderna, LG Chem, Daewoong Pharma, ADC Therapeutics and POINT Biopharma.
- The Company plans to generate additional Affimer® and pre|CISION™ drug development candidates in 2021, to further support its growing, innovative pipeline.
- With its strong balance sheet, the Group expects to deliver major value inflection points from its well-funded therapeutic programmes over the next 12 months and deliver near to medium term revenues from its diagnostic business, driving long-term shareholder value.
- Build a portfolio of novel, clinically differentiated cancer therapies leveraging the key benefits of the Affimer® and pre|CISION™ platforms.
- Create a fast-paced, nimble, delivery-focused drug discovery and development organisation to transform Avacta into a clinical stage biotech with multiple clinical programmes and an exciting pre-clinical pipeline.
- Establish partnerships with global pharmaceutical companies for our technology platforms and pipeline.
- Grow a profitable revenue stream from Affimer® diagnostics through partnerships and licensing as well as in-house product development.
Current significant shareholders are as follows:
Premier Miton Group – 4.66%
Baillie Gifford & Co Limited – 4.63%
Conifer Management, LLC – 3.54%
As at 25th May 2021 the company has 253,424,204 ordinary shares of 10p each in issue.
Dr Alastair Smith
Mr Tony Gardiner
Dr Eliot Forster
Dr Trevor Nicholls
Mr Paul Fry
Broker and Nomad – Stifel, 150 Cheapside, London, EC2V 6ET
Auditor – KPMG LLP, 1 Sovereign Square, Sovereign Street, Leeds, LS1 4DA
Solicitor – Walker Morris, 33 Wellington Street, Leeds, LS1 4DL
Registrar – Link Group, 10th floor, Central Square, 29 Wellington Street, Leeds, LS1 4DL. www.signalshares.com
Investor and Media Relations – FTI Consulting 200 Aldersgate, Aldersgate Street, London, EC1A 4HD. www.fticonsulting.com